Monday, 13 August 2007

Monday August 13th

...... and it rained again!!!
Woke up this morning, and switched the tv on, only to hear that it was going to be showery all day!! Great - that means more shopping!!
We had breakfast in the hotel - bagels and fruit etc then went to downtown Charlottetown, to hit the shops, in what looked like the biggest mall in the city. Left the girls to have a wander around, an arranged to meet them in an hour. Meanwhile, I went to the bank, actually managed to withdraw $200 from the ATM (wow, - I can't believe it - why today and not any of the other two dozen times I've tried!). I then spent the next 10 minutes walking round the shops, and was done! The shops mainly comprised of Granny's crafts, Aunt Mabels knitting delights, plus size fashions (which I actually did go into - and then realised it maybe wasn't quite for me!!), Prince Edward Island merchandise - (don't worry no one is getting a potato logo t-shirt), etc etc.... you've got the picture! Its the first time the girls have asked to leave a shopping centre!
We then went on one of my discovery expeditions, and ended up in a gorgeous neighbourhood called Stratford, where we found you all new houses!! Definitely the place to live - and the prices are so cheap - $150k - $200k for a fantastic detached family home overlooking the sea!
We also stopped at a beach, futher along the coast - but decided against our usual hike, seeing as though it had started raining!
Back to the hotel via Shoppers Drug Mart (similar to a big Boots) - where we stocked up on a few necessities. (Actually not necessities, but things we liked the look of, and the price of!) For some reason, their nail varnish is dirt cheap - so we now seem to have every colour possible. Watch out - some of you might just be getting some... hehe!! Oh, and guess what - they also sell the Boots No 7 range - and their Protect and Perfect is $25!!!!!! How on earth do they sell it cheaper than in England???
Had yet another problem, trying to fill the damm car up. Its the one thing so far which I don't like. I tried to use the prepay pump - but it declined both my visa and mastercard - not good when there is a queue of people waiting behind you. Then drove round to a different pump - fine... but once you stop filling, thats it! Even if you do it accidentally after $5!!!! You have to go and pay, then start over again!! At least we've now figured which side the petrol cap is on!!
Staying at the hotel for the rest of the evening - chilling in our room - we're all in need of some quiet time. (I get seriously told off by the girls for my inability to sit still for more than 5 mins at a time!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a very interesting day trying to fill the car up hahah