Saturday, 11 August 2007

Saturday 11th August

Up before the girls as usual, so decided to have a quick go in the gym. There is an amazing machine for bums and thighs - I used it the other day, and ached for ages afterwards!!
Tim Horton's again for breakfast, then golf!!! It was getting really hot this morning, so only managed 3 holes!! We found a great place in the woods for a 'photo shoot' - managed to get eaten alive by 5 mossies - and now look as though I have some weird skin condition!!
We thought it would be a good idea to get some stuff washed, before moving onto Charottetown tomorrow - so the next couple of hours was spent in the launderama (the first half hour, trying to work out how the machines turned on!!)
We took a trip out in the car later in the afternoon - then back to the hotel for more golf! It was still really hot - 5pm by this time with no shade on the course, so came off after 6 holes. Jumped in the pool before getting ready for dinner.
I TRIED THE LOBSTER TONIGHT!!! I decided I would be really daring and have the surf and turf, the surf being 1/2 lobster, which I thought would be easier to tackle - having never eaten lobster still in its armour!! So, armed with my nut crackers, and some other perculiar implement, I had a go at 'eating' the lobster. I was so glad we were almost the last people in the restaurant, as I think to anyone else, I was obviously the entertainment for the night. I managed to splash the girls with lobster juice, while severing the claw, drop parts of it on the floor, and the table.... well!
Anyway, it was absolutely gorgeous!!!!
Oh, by the way, I have no dollars what so ever now!! There is no bank within a 45 minute drive - so I shall be glad to get back into civilisation tomorrow!! We are managing on my Mastercard to pay for everything, (including gratuities!!!) - its rather embarrassing when you just have 3 drinks and a couple of bagels at Tim Horton's!!! Flo has lent me an emergency $100, to keep me going - ' just in case'!!!!

No comments: