Thursday, 9 August 2007

Thursday 9th August

Well it certainly rained last night! Woke up this morning and its still raining, and its windy - in fact it isn't nice at all!! Had quick breakfast and coffee at Tim Horton's, then back to the hotel for some indoor fun, until the weather changes!
Dragged the girls onto the squash court - which they ended up really enjoying (me too as I hadn't played for ages). After squash, the girls went for a swim, and I went in the gym (need to do something to burn off all this excess food I seem to be eating each day!). Luckily by this time, the sun had come out, so we went for our usual island discovery drive in the car!
We found a couple of stunning beaches - but it was too windy (and cold) to sit on them today! Couldn't believe how red the sea looked, due to the strong currents moving the sand around - really unusual. We managed to get lost for the first time today - I got North and South mixed up on the map, so we ended up going in totally the opposite direction. (Good job the distances are never far around here!)
Once back to the hotel, we played a few holes of golf (on the practise course), then went for a swim. The pool is just fab - even I love going down the slide!!
Had a late dinner tonight in the hotel - seafood linguine with lobster, scallops, king prawns and mussels - yummy!!!

1 comment:

sewkalico said...

Matt coming over today so I'll show him the golf pic LOL. Beaches sound beautiful and it's lovely to keep up with your adventures.